Episode Description: To be a great leader is to understand and even embrace the fact that every human you interact with is complicated. In this episode, we share a live session with author, speaker, and podcaster Ryan Leak from Orange Conference 2022. Ryan explains how leaders can make space for the complexity of the people around them with curiosity and humility.
- To be human is to be complicated (0:40)
- You are the common denominator in every conflict you have with people (2:19)
- Cancel culture doesn’t go both ways; we want grace where we wouldn’t give it (4:50)
- Intellectual humility means understanding that you could be wrong (5:43)
- Don’t assume you know what it’s like to be someone else (7:18)