Episode Description: No one has more influence in the life of a kid or teen than their parent. So as leaders, one of the best things we can do is meet and partner with the parents of the kids and students we lead. In this episode, we share a training from Orange Director of Elementary Strategies, Dan Scott, about how to have better conversations with parents. Dan explains why parent relationships are so important and shares practical tips for letting parents know you’re on their side.
- As volunteers, we do so many things that aren’t in our job descriptions (1:26)
- Partnering with parents is one of the most important things we can do (3:06)
- No one has more influence on the life of a kid than a parent (4:35)
- How to make the most of meeting the parents (6:56)
- Treat parents like teammates (10:17)