By Liz Calhoun
If you are anything like me, your weekly and monthly to-do lists are getting longer and longer, and you are finding that most of the items on your lists are various VBS tasks. If you aren’t much of a list-maker, find a friend who loves lists and ask them to sit down with you and write down each task that must be done before the big week. This goes a long way to reduce stress and anxiety and helps eliminate the “How am I going to get it all done?” question you might be asking yourself.
Right about now, you should be focusing on these things:
- Deciding on decor (Here’s a great article about saving money with VBS)
- Continued volunteer recruitment
- Working with team leaders to help fill needs
- Beginning promotional advertising
- Scheduling a tech team and any large group rehearsals
- Sending scripts to large group teams
It’s also time to start communicating with volunteers and setting up a meeting with VBS teams over the next month or two. This meeting will serve multiple purposes:
- Help your teams get to know each other in a fun way.
- Cast vision for your event.
- Give an event overview and walk them through a typical VBS day/night.
- Set your volunteers up with their team leaders and allow time for leaders to go over specific job requirements and answer volunteer questions.
- Thank your volunteers for serving and remind them to be praying for the families and every child who will walk through the doors.
- Pray, pray, pray!
For more details about VBS volunteer training, check out this article.
Don’t forget, you are the hands and feet of Christ! It’s all for His glory and He is with you every step of the way!
Be sure to check out the ALL NEW VBS from Orange for 2016! WALK THIS WAY is going to take your kids on a journey with Paul – asking the same questions he asked – to make some INCREDIBLE discoveries! Save $20 by ordering before March31!
Sign up for the FREE monthly VBS Newsletter from Orange: The reSource! You’ll get content like this from leaders like you every month to ensure that you’re ready to host the best VBS ever!