Although it’s the middle of summer, it’s not too early to get excited for the new curriculum year. August’s curriculum is LIVE on our curriculum websites—many of you have already checked it out—and there are some awesome updates for this year that we just simply do not want you to miss!
6 Newborn Updates To First Look:
- We’ve updated our PDF curriculum documents to make First Look even easier to implement in your environment! With each activity on its own page, you can now easily print only those activities you plan to use. In addition, we’ve made the pages cleaner, easier to read and labeled each type of activity. Now, you can quickly find those movement activities for the active kids in your group!
- We’re updating our download matrix to have a Large Groups section where you can find everything needed for the Make It True section of the curriculum. Added this year will be a “Rug” script for Make It True specifically designed for those churches who gather children around them on the floor to tell the story. The “Stage” script will continue to be written for those churches who have volunteers and resources to perform a more dynamic script.
- Also in our Large Group section, you will find monthly theme art on screens! Each month will have a fun, fresh look that ties into the theme for the series. We will include this theme art on screens for your large group environment as well as incorporate it into the PDF curriculum documents and Parent CUE. Vector files will be available for purchase at OrangeStore.org.
- We are THRILLED to announce the addition of Extended Toddlers. This new curriculum will work in conjunction with the toddler curriculum and offer a weekly Bible story and craft. Because toddlers love and need repetition, the same Bible story will be told all month long, but in four (or five) different ways. This curriculum is perfect for churches who have everyone under the age of three in one room.
- Downloadable videos and more? Yes, please. Now our supplemental video product, Wonder! Look at God’s Story, is available via download from the curriculum site. You can even auto-subscribe to them each month. Plus, you can download the monthly placemat in the same place.
- Our weekly social media plan is now downloadable from the First Look curriculum site. It’s now easier than ever to post to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram about what’s going on in your ministry each week.
All of these changes will take place with the August 2015 curriculum, which is available now!
6 More Reasons To Love 252 Basics
- Brand New Training Resources Our short and engaging orientation videos will help you navigate the 252 Basics website with ease. Plus our 252 Basics content explanation videos and newly designed documents will make implementing 252 Basics a breeze. We’re resourcing you with everything you need to communicate what 252 Basics is all about to your volunteer team.
- Updated Curriculum Documents We’ve updated our documents with a new look and feel. Your volunteers will love the simple, clear design and can find what they need each week quickly and easily, so they can focus on what’s really important . . . building relationships with the kids in their group. And parents will enjoy even more “times” available on their Parent Cue.
- 7 Segments We’re organizing the content of 252 Groups around 7 Segments that fit and flow together seamlessly. These segments are designed with several filters in mind ranging from child development through the phases to differing learning styles, to insure that every child in your environment is engaged in what is going on in your ministry. To find out more about the 7 segments, watch this:
- Provided Sound Effects Need a dog barking, a doorbell ringing, a car horn beeping or a crash, thud, boom or clap? We’ve got you covered. If our Large Group Host, Bible Story convention or FX script requires sound effects, they are now provided on the 252 Basics download site. No more Google searching or using your grandma’s tape recorder.
- Downloadable videos? Yes, please. Now our supplemental video products, Feature Presentation and Get Reel, are available via download from the curriculum site. You can even auto-subscribe to them each month. Plus you can download the monthly vector art files and additional Amber Sky Records music resources directly from the 252 Basics site. It’s like Christmas morning.
- Be Social Our weekly social media plan is now downloadable from the 252 Basics curriculum site. It’s now easier than ever to post to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram about what’s going on in your ministry each week.
7 New Initiatives Coming From XP3:
- More Content Strategy. Updated and upgraded curriculum calendar.
- More Communication Help. Don’t just read the scripts, see and hear the delivery.
- More Leadership Voices. Learn from some of the best learners out there. Annual XP3 partners get so many leadership training tools: articles, podcasts and teaching videos.
- More Allies. Partner with our new partners! Doug Fields, Kara Powell, Josh Griffin and DownloadYouthMinistry.com are partnering with XP3 to give student pastors more resources that help their student ministry win!
- More Fuel For Leaders. Resources to help leaders connect with God before they connect students to God.
- More Updated Curriculum Documents. We’ve redesigned and updated our XP3 documents with a new look and feel. They look awesome. You and your volunteers will love the simple, clear design and can find what they need each week quickly and easily.
- More Curriculum For Middle Schoolers! That’s right — XP3 is debuting the new middle school curriculum. We are so excited. Check it out at XP3MS.com.
We know you are going to love all of the updates! As always, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact your Orange Specialist. They’d love to hear from you!