You may think that after you’ve purchased your tickets, you’re kinda done until the big event. But there are actually a number of things you can do prior to your arrival to help make your pre, during and post OC experience velvety smooth. Here are a few of our suggestions: Check it out. Work your […]
You may think that after you’ve purchased your tickets, you’re kinda done until the big event. But there are actually a number of things you can do prior to your arrival to help make your pre, during and post OC experience velvety smooth.
Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Check it out. Work your way through this Attendee Checklist. You’ll be kicking yourself otherwise.
- Book early. Flights go up and hotels sell out, so book early to stay in your budget. We’ve also put some info and offers on our Details page.
- Be informed. As we always say, an informed attendee is a happy attendee. Ok, we just made that up, but we’re going to start using it because it’s true. To keep up with the latest OC15 info, follow our social media and also text “OC15” to 404-445-2198. We’ll keep you up-to-date on registration deadlines, new speakers and much more.
- Let us guide you. New to this rollercoaster called Orange Conference? We’ve created this guide to help answer some of your questions.
- Divide and conquer. With over 100 Breakouts available this year, you may want to divi up sessions with your team so you can cover more ground. Just make sure everyone can read their own notes later!
- Visit a church in the area. Many of you love to see other environments, so why not build that into your pre or post event schedule? And if you’re looking for a tour or some one-on-one time, be sure to contact and make arrangements well in advance.
- Rock your orange. Some of you have already shown us what you’ll be packing for your trip to Atlanta. We love to see the creative ways you sneak orange into your attire, or the orange you wear without abandon! From shoelaces to morph suits and everything in between, we know you’re going to represent.
- Pre-network. You don’t have to wait until you’re on-site to network with your heroes and peers. Search our hashtags (#OC15 and #ThinkOrange) to find out who’s going to be here, and reach out to say hello.
- Manage expectations. This applies to both you and your team. If you’ve been before, let your newbies know what’s in store. If you haven’t been before, read through the website. And we keep you pretty busy so come rested, and schedule some down time after the event if you can. You may also want to set aside some debrief time for your team on the way home or after the event.
- Stick around. If you’re traveling into Atlanta, come early or stay later to see the sights! It’s a great town, and we’re happy it’s home. And if you need any recommendations, just ask us!
- Prepare to . . . have fun! It’s going to be an incredible three days. You’re going to learn a lot, but you’re also going to laugh a lot. It can be stressful preparing to leave your job or home for a few days, but it’s going to be worth it. We’re going to have a great time, so start getting excited!
TODAY’S GIVEAWAY: Another thing you might be making preparations for right now is your summer VBS experience. So, today has you covered! Win our SummerXP called MOVE! It’s the perfect VBS kit to build stronger relationships between leaders and their small groups as well as get parents in on the VBS experience. It’s everything you need to pull off a fun, messy, meaningful week of teaching kids the importance of making a MOVE towards God! See samples and get the scoop at www.SummerXP.com.
In order to win this prize, simply comment on this blog post, matching Facebook post, OC Instagram photo and/or via Twitter with hashtag #OC15 by 11:59 p.m. ET. We’ll draw one person in the morning and announce on Facebook. And if you already have this resource, we’ll refund you.
“This conference was by far the best thing I have been to in my adult life.” – an OC14 attendee
Don’t forget—This blog post is part of Orange Blogger Week! It’s a week of becoming more familiar with The Orange Conference experience, along with daily giveaways! Be sure to check out anything you may have missed.
The Orange Conference 2015 will take place in Atlanta from April 29–May 1. Register by February 19 to save $40 and receive a $50 Orange credit. For more information and to register, please visit TheOrangeConference.com.