Family Ministry is an effort to synchronize church leaders and parents around a master plan to build faith and character in their sons and daughters.
Family ministry should not be another program you add to your list of programs. It should be the filter you use to create and evaluate what you do to influence children and teenagers.
Additionally, there is a difference between doing something for the family and doing something with the family.
The primary principles that we have established as the basis for our approach to family ministry are:
- Nothing is more important than someone’s relationship with God.
- No one has more potential to influence a child’s relationship with God than a parent.
- No one has more potential to influence the parent than the church.
- The church’s potential to influence a child dramatically increases when it partners with a parent.
- The parent’s potential to influence a child dramatically increases when that parent partners with the church.
For more information about the Orange Strategy,
check out Think Orange by Reggie Joiner.