by Matt McKee
Traveling to new cities means trying new things. The problem is that you can’t do everything you wish you could while traveling on the Orange Tour. In fact, most of the time you only get a couple of hours to truly experience the city that you are in because you are connecting with so many people and putting on the actual event.
When you think of destination cities in the United States Lancaster, Penn., may not be one of the top cities on your list. I would dare to say that it should be. Why? Well, here are five things that I wish I could do while I am in Lancaster but know that I will not have the time.
1. A is for Amish Buggy Ride. Believe it or not but that is the name of the company and yes I would love to take a buggy ride around the Amish area.
2. Take a hot air balloon ride above the countryside. One of the most relaxing things in the world to do is being in a hot air balloon and seeing the open country around Lancaster would be perfect.
3. The Rolling Antique Auto Show and Run on the Strasburg Rail Road. There is something to be said about going back in time and traveling like they did in the 19th Century and early 20th Century.
4. Hersheypark. After all the relaxing on the balloon ride and taking in the sites on a buggy ride it would be great to ride a couple roller coasters. Hersheypark is only about 40 minutes from the tour but I am sure I won’t be able to ride any rides or get a chocolate bar.
5. Eat at Dutch Haven Shoo-fly Pie Bakery. I have never had shoo-fly pie but I am the type of person that picks pie over cake every time.
What do you wish we would take the time to do if we could in Lancaster, PA?
Join us in any one of the remaining Orange Tour cities: www.OrangeTour.org. Lead Small training will take place the night before every Orange Tour stop. Anyone with a tour ticket can attend for free. Those without a tour ticket may attend for $19. For more information, please visit www.OrangeTour.org.