by Dave Truitt
One word can describe my years of volunteering at the Orange Conference—AWESOME
There are SO MANY reasons why it’s AWESOME to be an Orange Conference volunteer! Let me list just a few of the benefits I have discovered over my years of volunteering.
- I get to work beside other people who have a passion for children’s ministry.
- They feed you! And I’m not talking about a tray of cold cuts; I’m talking about REAL food! Plus, you get to eat with the other volunteers and staff. It’s a great opportunity to interact with other volunteers and share ministry ideas.
- I get a behind-the-scenes view of what goes into putting on a large conference.
- I feel like a star because I get to help people in this incredible environment.
- I still get to hear or be a part of a lot of the conference. Sure, as a volunteer you realize you are not going to get to see every part of the conference, but you’d be surprised to realize the large part of the conference you will still get to hear and see.
- I get appreciated! The Orange Team does a fantastic job of appreciating their volunteers and it always gives me ideas on how to appreciate the volunteers in my church.
- They Feed You! I know I’ve said this before, but this is a HUGE cost savings. If you volunteer for the conference, you not only don’t have to pay for the conference, but you also don’t have to pay for your food.
- I get to help be a part of something HUGE. Think of it, without volunteers, the Orange Conference wouldn’t be able to happen. I get to make it happen!
Being an Orange Conference volunteer rocks!
Dave Truitt is an Orange curriculum partner from Mechanicsburg, Penn. He has been at The Orange Conference (and previously Grow-up Conference) every year since 2005.