Churches of all sizes and models attend Orange Conference each year, and find great value in it. However, we understand that budgets are tight, and often the determining factor in a church’s training event decisions. So, we want to do what we can to help, and provide ideas on how to make The Orange Conference more affordable for you and your team.
For previous OC’s, we heard from numerous people with great fundraising ideas. From baking to appreciation dinners to prank flamingo plantings to pies in the face, we received creative and distinctive ideas for fundraising from our partners. You can read all about it here, here, here and here.
Here are just a few other options for saving some dough.
- We love to learn, and we love students. If you’re a student, fax or email a copy of your current student ID for undergraduate, graduate or high school enrollment, and you’ll qualify for student pricing of $219, no matter when you sign up.
- Groups of 15+ and international attendees receive discounted pricing. Please visit the Pricing page for more details.
- Delta and AirTran offer flight discounts to those traveling in to OC13. You can find details on our Location+Travel page. There are also rental car discounts here, too.
- Throughout the year, we offer free conference registrations—and sometimes, free airfare tickets—through various contests. Follow this blog and/or @OrangeLeaders on Twitter for those announcements.
- Sometimes our other blogs and partners offer free tickets through giveaways and contests. You can connect with us in a variety of ways to stay up to date.
- We couldn’t get through The Orange Conference without stellar volunteers just like you and your staff. So, if you’d like to experience a different side of OC13 for free, consider joining our volunteer team.
- As we get closer to April, we will again help attendees find host homes to help alleviate lodging costs. If you would like for us to help you find a host home, please contact Kristi Porter at email@example.com.
- You can also save in hotel costs by using services like AirBnB and Homeaway.
- Find a travel buddy. Those of you traveling alone may be able to find someone from a neighboring church that’s headed to OC13 and share the travel costs with them. It doesn’t hurt to ask! Sometimes we can even help you find those folks.
- It doesn’t hurt to ask! Ask friends and relatives to help you cover expenses with hotel rewards points or frequent flyer miles, or even monetary donations. You might be surprised by how others want to help you invest in yourself so you can invest in others.
- Earn extra funds for your church with our coffee program through Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee. You can help two causes at once!
Please share your ideas for affordable travel and fundraising tactics with us in the comments section! We’d love to hear them!