When most people think of “Sweet Sixteen” images of birthday parties, driver’s licenses, and college basketball come to mind. Not so much for us! When we think of “Sweet Sixteen,” nothing but pure Orange dances in our heads!
Welcome to Kelli and Kristen’s Orange Sweet Sixteen: 16 resources that will have you Orange in no time! (The first eight were featured last week. Check out what you missed!)
9. Playlists in Amber Sky Records: Did you know that we have our own form of “iTunes” through Amber Sky Records? Here you can browse through hundreds of songs for your children’s ministry and even create your own playlists for the parents in your church. This way, parents can easily access the songs their children are hearing at church. While on Amber Sky, don’t forget to check out our Turn It Up album, our latest children’s music resource. Your kids won’t be able to stop listening and that will be just fine with their parents. It’s just that good!
10. Orange Tour: Can’t make it to The Orange Conference next April? That’s okay. We’ll come to you! Join us at one of 12 different locations this fall and winter for a smaller, more relaxed environment. You’ll have wonderful training for your team as well as time to connect with other churches in your area. You don’t want to miss this opportunity! Visit OrangeTour.org for more info.
11. MarriedPeople Strategy: Marriages are important to us here at Orange, and that’s why we believe so strongly in the MarriedPeople strategy. MarriedPeople helps churches move from a reactive-by-default strategy to a responsive approach. Make sure to catch the blog, too. You’ll enjoy Ted’s humor and expertise in reaching the married couples within your church.
12. Blogs, blogs and more blogs: Here at Orange, we love to interact with church leaders around the world. A great way to get discussion flowing is through one of our many blogs. Each curriculum has its own blog which is a plethora of free information just waiting for you to access! Every blog is written by a leader like you with similar struggles and triumphs. It is a great way to be encouraged and interact with us and other leaders. Join in on the conversation with us! Click here for a list of all the ways to connect with us.
13. Parent CUE App: Ask your parents to partner with you for only $1.99! Available on the iPhone, iPad and Andoid, Parent CUE reminds them throughout the week of ways they can reinforce the Bible story and life application that their little ones are learning about while in your care. With sections including Drive Time, Meal Time, Hang Time and Parent Time, they are sure to find ways in their busy week to stay connected to your mission and the Orange Strategy.
14. Orange Parents: Have you visited our Orange Parents website recently? If not, you are in for a treat! Not only does OP have a terrific blog, but it has free and helpful information to the parents within your church. Here, they have access to the Parent Link Live, podcasts, free small group curriculum (five videos) and even a church finder.
15. The Orange Exchange at Orange Leaders: Do you have something to share with the Orange community? Looking for free resources other leaders have made available for you to use? Check out The Orange Exchange at www.OrangeLeaders.com. It’s a great way to support each other through shared ideas to reach the families within our churches. Let’s not stop there! Not only is Orange Leaders a great place to connect with other leaders through the exchange, but you’ll also find informative blogs, and up-to-date job board and an Orange-apedia. Too much goodness!
16. Studio 252 and your 252 Basics License: Did you know that access to our Studio252.tv site is now included in your 252 Basics license? This website holds tools and resources for families to use at home to connect with what their children are learning at church. You don’t want to miss this! Don’t forget to check out the parent portion of the site. Each child’s account has a parent page where their parents can engage through the site as well. At www.Studio252.tv/parents, they can access devotions, videos, story cards, MealTime discussions and so much more.
That’s it! Hopefully you’ve discovered a few new tools, or learned more about the ones you were aware of, to help as you implement the Orange Strategy.
Did we miss one of your favorites? Let us know!
Kristen Brady is a First Look Preschool Curriculum Orange Specialist. First introduced to Orange seven years ago as a kindergarten small group leader for 252 Basics at North Point Community Church in Alpharetta, Ga., she has been a storyteller at Wiregrass Church in Dothan, Alabama, and a preschool director, children’s director, storyteller/host and worship leader for Cumberland Church in Franklin, Tennessee. When she has any free time, she spends it with her husband Bruce, and their four kids: Tucker, Claire, Jack and Ellie. Kristen connects to the Orange universe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelli Wallace is in the customer service department. Kelli likes college students so much that she decided to lead a group of them to Kenya in 2009. That’s Kelli, always setting her passion into action. She experienced the ins-and-outs of customer service while working for various non-profit organizations. Orange is lucky to have someone who loves people the way that Kelli does. Chat with Kelli about all things Orange at email@example.com.