At The Orange Conference 2011, participants were exhorted to make 10 moves. Over the course of the next few weeks, we’ll look at suggested action steps for each move. Click here for the suggested action steps for number eight. We’d love to hear your ideas too! Leave any of your suggested action steps in the comments section following the post.
9. Implement a comprehensive curriculum from cradle to college.
• Make sure there is a plan for each stage that is appropriate developmentally and culturally.
• Pick a specific weekend to cast vision churchwide from the main stage and explain the “why” behind the resources you are using.
• Find a resource that not only speaks to each child, but also finds a way to partner and even equip families.
• Contextualize the content you receive by personalizing a week’s edition of 252 Basics or First Look.
• Redesign your environments to reinforce the message of the resources.
• Make sure the messaging is age-appropriate.