At The Orange Conference 2011, participants were exhorted to make 10 moves. Over the course of the next few weeks, we’ll look at suggested action steps for each move. Click here for the suggested action steps for number six. We’d love to hear your ideas too! Leave any of your suggested action steps in the comments section following the post.
7. Calendar quality time with your family at least once a week.
• Have a games night or movie night.
• Cook a meal together.
• Find an activity the kids like to do and do it together (biking, hiking, skiing, etc.).
• Tell favorite stories from when each of you was younger.
• Have a theme party (Hawaiian, Spanish, French, etc.).
• Host an evening to say “thank you” to the adults who have influenced your children’s lives.
• Turn off the television. (Designate a no-technology night or zone of time to take a break from the distractions of media and technology.)
• Make a plan to help another family or cause in need—then do it.