At The Orange Conference 2011, participants were exhorted to make 10 moves. Over the course of the next few weeks, we’ll look at suggested action steps for each move. Click here for the suggested action steps for number five. We’d love to hear your ideas too! Leave any of your suggested action steps in the comments section following the post.
6. Rearrange your church schedule to include an FX (Family Experience).
• Start a parenting initiative to establish true partnership with the church. (Parenting Beyond Your Capacity is a good place to start.)
• Choose the Family Experience frequency that works best for your church: monthly, weekly or at seasonal times.
• Once a year or more often, replace the regular adult worship service with a Family Experience to communicate the concept to parents and grandparents.
• Make a Family Experience the key component of a summer VBS or camp.
• Choose an alternate location in a family-friendly part of your community and produce an on-location Family Experience in a mall or similar environment.
• Use the Preschool Parenting: Create a Rhythm event with preschool parents.
• Use the Parenting a New Generation resource with parents of teens to create an FX for student ministry.