At The Orange Conference 2011, participants were exhorted to make 10 moves. Over the course of the next few weeks, we’ll look at suggested action steps for each move. Click here for the suggested action steps for number four. We’d love to hear your ideas too! Leave any of your suggested action steps in the comments section following the post.
5. Make at least one college student a priority in your life.
• Invite a college student to join you for dinner one night a week.
• Send a text message, telling them you appreciate them as a person.
• Ask them to tell you their story.
• Pray for them at least once a week.
• Send them a care package from your church (send it from the church, versus you personally, to create that connection).
• Hand-write a letter articulating what you have learned from them.
• Make sure your relationship with them is not predicated on what they do or don’t do.
• Ask them their opinion on the ministry you lead.
• Always introduce them to others as your friend.
• Read The Slow Fade by Reggie Joiner, Chuck Bomar and Abbie Smith.
• Use the XP3 College Conversation Guides to facilitate conversations about specific topics from a place of mutual fascination of learning from each other.