At The Orange Conference 2011, participants were exhorted to make 10 moves. Within each of the 10 moves are a series of action steps. Over the course of the next few weeks, we’ll look at each of the 10 moves and their corresponding action steps.
1. Begin a partnership with an organization which is serving a different culture.
• Facilitate e-mail interaction with parents while your teens serve on short-term missions.
• Read Deep Justice in a Broken World, by Chap Clark and Kara Powell, to gain an understanding between simple service and deep justice.
• Commit with a specific mission or missionary on a long-term basis and continue that partnership by returning again and again.
• Accomplish a project in your own community, people with vastly different experiences than the typical experience in your church.
• Offer a hand up instead of a handout by becoming a microlender at Kiva.org.
• Organize an intergenerational missions trip for families.
• Reach beyond the faith community by connecting to needs on VolunteerMatch or a similar site.