Yep. It happens. More often than I care to admit. But, as a writer I have to find ways to push through it. So, what I do to cure writer’s block is… write.
When my brain shuts down and says,”I can’t do it!! Why must you torture me like this? I just wrote a script yesterday…isn’t that good enough for you? What do you want from me?!?” I put my fingers on the keyboard and start typing anyway!!
Here are a few funny examples of plot lines I have written while battling writer’s block:
1. An entire 252 FX written in iambic pentameter (Shakespeare style)
2. Everyone said the same word (Every word, every sentence for every character was simply “meh”. “How did it turn out”, you ask? Meh.)
3. No plot (I’ve written a million versions of this)
Vinny: Hey, Dudes! What’s up?
Vinny: So, what do you want to do.
Vinny: So, what do you want to do?
Other ideas to break through writer’s block:
1. Play a round of Globe Ball (see earlier post by me)
2. Go do something you absolutely can’t stand doing.
3. Scream out loud at the top of your lungs… actually, that one has never worked.
By the way, I am writing this blog post right now because…you guessed it… I have writer’s block.
So… anybody got a good plot? What’s your cure for writer’s block? I’ll give it a try! by Jon Williams
Hauser Community Church’s FX called FXPN (Family Experience Night)
Crash the Conference FX Cast Challenge! There’s enough time for your cast to send us an audition video! We’re looking for energy, chemistry and heart of your cast. Don’t spend time competing with editing, your set or toys! Creatively tell us why your team wants to be chosen and include some highlights of the cast in action. Remember, one of our ReWriters will come to YOUR church to lead an acting workshop, your cast will be given free tickets to Orange Conference and be the featured cast in the FX Bare Bones breakout!