It’s pretty popular to be against something. It’s harder to be for something.
What about you? Is your life for something, or has it become about being against something else?
* Do you love the church, or just criticize other churches and leaders? (Love Craig Groeschel on this)
* Do you love God, or just look down on others who don’t (or who you think love Him less than you do)?
* Do you love your personal style, or are you just trying to dress or live in a way that’s cooler than the guy down the street?
* Do you love it when new people come to faith, or resent that your story isn’t more exciting?
* Do you love your job, or just find things about it you don’t love?
Everybody’s a critic, but critics end up with nothing at the end of their days but a series of things they were against. Not much to admire, actually, or pass on to your kids.
What keeps us from being for something? Maybe a fear that others will criticize us. Maybe having lived in negative head space for so long that we forgot that God called us to build and grow people and His Kingdom. What do you think?
What are you for? How can that become a passion for you? How can what you are for begin to define you?
I want my life to be about what I am for, not what I’m against. What about you?